With considerable turmoil in international trade and logistics it is more important than ever to understand trade and customs issues and their impact on logistics operations. At every port and border international freight operations are exposed to trade and customs procedures.
Cross-Border Logistics Operations serves as a comprehensive guide and companion to the cross-border trade and customs environment and its implications for international business supply chains and their control. Inspired by the World Customs Organization's Professional Standards (also known as the WCO PICARD Standards), it provides key insights into transporting goods across borders and effectively managing the requirements for compliance and enforcement.
International students, business operators and government officials will find the book rich in detail with practical examples that include the political, administrative, regulatory, technological and economic context throughout. It covers all the critical operational and legal aspects of cross-border logistics operations, including:
- prevailing trade, customs and border policy
- tariffs and import taxes
- border management and supply chain security practices
- prohibitions and restrictions
- enforcement and compliance practices
- supply chain and logistics arrangements
- disaster relief operations
- frictionless trade and trade facilitation principles.