Harry Jentes was an American vaudeville performer and composer of popular music. He wrote a number of rags the best known probably being The Rhapsody Rag (1911) , The Soup and Fish Rag (1913 ) which he co-authored with Pete Wendling and Bantam Step (1916). His best known song is probably I Don't Want To Get Well (1917). In the 1920's, Jentes cut several piano rolls. He was born and died in New York City.
List of Harry Jentes's works.
7. More sheet music at the Amazons
- [§] Bantam Step (1916), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] California Sunshine (1913), Descant/Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] The Cat's Pajamas (1922), Descant/Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] I Don't Want to Get Well (1917), Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)/Vocal(Optional Tenor)
- [§] Rainbow Waltz (1922), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Bass+Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Soup and Fish (1913), Treble/Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
8. More sheet music at Ditty Box Enterprises
Harry Jentes , biography and list of works by "Perfessor" Bill Edwards
Ragtime Music CDs:
"Perfessor" Bill Edwards on "Rhapsodies in Ragtime"
Elite Syncopators on "Ragtime Special"
Alan Martin on "Everything is Ragtime Now"
Various Artists on "Hits of '21: Ain't We Got Fun?"
Brent Watkins on "The Heroes of Parlor Town - Volume 1" CD(s) & MP3 Album(s)
Bryan Wright on "Syncopated Musings: Classic Piano Rags and Ragtime Waltzes" CD(s) & MP3 Album(s)