Albert F. Marzian was a composer and publisher of popular music based in Albany, Indiana. The writer of a few top-notch rags, especially The Lion Tamer (1913) under the name of Mark Janza. It is generally considered by the present day ragtime community that Albert F. Marzian and Mark Janza are one and the same person. Albert F. Marzian was also known to be a well-known band leader and string bass player.
List of Albert F. Marzian's works.
5. More sheet music at Ditty Box Enterprises
- [§] Angel Food (1911), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Aviation Rag (1910), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Tenor+Bass/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Bale O' Cotton (1914), Treble+Descant/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] The Lion Tamer (1913), Descant/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
Further sheet music at DBE:
Albert F. Marzian , biography and list of works by "Perfessor" Bill Edwards
Ragtime Music CDs:
American Ragtime Ensemble on "Ragtime Chamber Music"
"Perfessor" Bill Edwards on "A Bag of Rags"
"Perfessor" Bill Edwards on "Music for Muskoka"
"Perfessor" Bill Edwards on "A Ragtime Sampler"
"Perfessor" Bill Edwards on "Rhapsodies in Ragtime"
"Perfessor" Bill Edwards on "Whipped Cream Rag"
Nora Hulse on "Cake Walks, Two Steps and Rags by Women Composers"
Sue Keller on "I Got What It Takes" CD(s) & MP3 Album(s)
Sue Keller on "Kellerized"
Paragon Ragtime Orchestra on "The Whistler and His Dog"