From scattered Internet sources it can be learned that Louise V. Gustin was an American composer of popular music, birthday unknown. Her outpit is reported to have been prolific but Internet searching has produced the meagre list given below. She is assumed to have been from the Detroit area where her music was published by the Whitney-Warner Company. There is some speculation [by Max Morath] that she was subject to sex prejudice in the music business of the time, and perhaps equally about social attitudes regarding popular music. Today she is best know for her Topsy Turvy (1899) and X-n-tric (1900)
List of Louise V. Gustin's works.
11. More sheet music at Ditty Box Enterprises
- [§] The Daughter of the Regiment (1900), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Janice Meredith Waltzes (1900), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Tenor+Bass/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Lindy (1902), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Master Mechanics & Master Car Builders (1905), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Neomê (1903), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] An Old Virginia Cake Walk (1899), Treble/Tenor/Bass+Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Soldiers of Fortune (1901), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Topsy Turvy (1899), Treble/Tenor/Tenor+Bass/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] When Knighthood Was in Flower (1899), Descant/Treble(Tenor)/Tenor/Tenor+Bass/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] X-N-Tric (1900), Treble+Sopranino/Tenor/Bass/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
Further sheet music at DBE:
CCD: Louise V. Gustin , brief biography etc
Louise V. Gustin , biography and list of works by "Perfessor" Bill Edwards
Ragtime Music CDs:
Dave Dallwitz on "Hooked on Ragtime - Vol. 1" CD(s) & MP3 Album(s)
Nora Hulse on "Cake Walks, Two Steps and Rags by Women Composers"
Nora Hulse on "Ragtime Refreshments"
Max Morath on "The Ragtime Women" CD(s) & MP3 Album(s)