Paul Biese was an American bandleader, saxophone and violin player, also composer of popular music. His Paul Biese Trio and Orchestra made a number of recordings for Columbia. The Trio had seven best-sellers in 1920-1921, four of which featured Frank Crumit as lead vocalist. Of ragtime interest are his Dynamite (1913), The Squirrel Rag (1913) - both of which he co-authored with Frank Henri Klickmann - and Hysterics Rag (1914).
List of Paul Biese's works.
5. More sheet music at the Amazons
- [§] Dynamite (1913), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] Hacienda (1913), Tenor/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
- [§] The Harriman Fox Tango (1915), Treble/Tenor/Bass/Bass/Bass
- [§] The Squirrel Rag (1913), Treble/Tenor/Tenor/Tenor/Bass/Great Bass(Bass)
6. More sheet music at Ditty Box Enterprises
Further sheet music at DBE:
Ragtime Music CDs:
Frederick Hodges on "Kitten on the Keys: Ragtime, Novelty & Stride Classics"
Paragon Ragtime Orchestra on "The Whistler and His Dog"
Tony Parenti on "Ragtime Jubilee" CD(s) & MP3 Album(s)
Six Brown Brothers on "Those Moaning Saxophones"
Brass Music CDs:
South Shore Circus Concert Band on "Sounds of the Circus - Volume 26" CD(s) & MP3 Album(s)